Northern Ireland Music Touring Programme now open to applications
This application round is for projects which will be completed by 31st March 2017.
Conscious that the excellent work being done in the music sector, by its existing clients and others, is not always fairly distributed geographically, and furthermore that this is disproportionately the case with certain kinds of music, the Arts Council is committed to supporting a more ambitious, dynamic and cohesive approach to under-represented genres such as jazz, world music, chamber music and contemporary music.
The Council wishes to develop year-round programming across Northern Ireland for the benefit of local artists and audiences alike to reflect the diversity of Northern Ireland’s society and culture and contribute the growth of the music sector
An important element of the Music Touring Programme is audience building. Successful applicants will be expected to work with Audiences Northern Ireland and venues to build capacity and better utilise audience research, marketing and customer relationship management.
The programme is open to:
• Organisations with expertise in under-represented genres such as jazz, world music, chamber music and contemporary music
• Registered charities and other organisations which cannot distribute profits may apply for funds
• Local Authorities
• Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the project is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
• If your organisation has a limited membership, or is a school, college or university, you must show that the project will benefit the wider public.
• Public sector agencies for projects which are outside their statutory remit
• Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects
• Organisations currently in receipt of any other Arts Council revenue or Lottery grant must demonstrate that the costs are additional to any programme already funded.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 18th February 2016. For further information and application details please visit http://www.artscouncil-ni.org/funding/scheme/music-touring