Support for the Individual Artist Programme
All applications in this funding round must be for projects that will be completed between 1st November 2015 and 31st October 2016. There are five separate funding streams included within the SIAP programme including :
- General Arts Awards
- Artists Career Enhancement Scheme
- Major Individual Award
- Artists' International Development Fund (Individuals)
- Self Arranged Residencies
- Travel Awards (Rolling programme - all applications must be for travel which will be completed by 31st March 2016). Click here for further information and to apply online for travel awards.
Applicants may apply to more than one scheme.
Who can apply?
Artists of all disciplines and in all types of working practice, who
(a) have made a contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of one year within the last five years.
In a limited number of cases, individual technical staff/administrators of professional artistic companies may also be eligible.
Employees of statutory bodies, undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible to apply but they must prove that the funds which they are seeking are for work/costs which are not properly the concern of their employer and/or are not related to their academic study. Employees of statutory bodies, undergraduates and postgraduates must submit evidence of this in the form of a letter on headed paper from their Head of Department (see Section 5.4 on the application form). In the case of post-graduate students, the letter must clearly state the title of the student’s PhD thesis and include a declaration by the Head of Department that “The project for which funds are being sought does not form part of any academic work undertaken in relation to the above-titled PhD nor will it be assessed as part of any academic course”. Please note that the Arts Council may use its own judgement in determining this matter. Applicants undertaking a Masters or a PhD must also include a separate statement which provides information on how the project applied for differs from their Masters or PhD work. This is listed as a mandatory enclosure in Section 5 of the application form.
Artists may apply to more than one programme but the projects within each application must be significantly distinct.
WHO CANNOT APPLY?
• Applicants who have already received an award, within the previous 12 months, under the scheme to which they are applying. This 12 month period runs from the date of the previous award letter.
• Applicants who have broken the conditions of previous grant awards within the previous 4 years (taken from the date of the letter of offer).
How to apply?
All schemes operate on a deadline basis except Travel Awards. The Arts Council will not fund any project which is due to start before it makes its decision (see decision dates).
Applications for this scheme can be made using our online form or by downloading a hard copy. We aim to inform you of our final decision within three months of the closing date.